How Long Should I Wait To Clean Up After Fire Damage?
Waste No Time Calling Your Local SERVPRO of Northeast Spokane Team After Fire Damage in Your Home
The speed with which a fire affects your home and contents is surprising to most. Stress and uncertainty can make waiting to act for a few days feel like a smart move, but every second counts. Damage to building materials, furnishings, household goods, and personal belongings can start immediately.
What Is the Typical Timeline for Damage From a Fire?
Fire damage in the Spokane area follows a highly predictable pattern, and we respond quickly because our trained technicians know that mitigation efforts can slow or halt the damage.
Fire Damage Timeline: What Can Occur Within Minutes?
- Plastics yellow and absorb odors
- Porous materials can begin to corrode and discolor
- Soot particles infiltrate soft goods like fabrics, carpeting, and area rugs
Fire Damage Timeline: What Can Occur Within Hours?
- Finishes on wooden surfaces and grout darken
- Surfaces on appliances and fiberglass discolor
Fire Damage Timeline: What Can Occur Within Days?
- Metals start to tarnish and corrode
- Fabrics permanently stain
- Paint on walls discolors and stains
- Wood floors and furniture deteriorate and need often refinishing
- Vinyl flooring can crumble
Fire Damage Timeline: What Can Occur Long Term?
- Glass and china etches and pits
- Synthetic fabrics yellow
- Building materials like drywall deteriorate and start breaking down
How Do Disaster Fire Recovery Professionals Stop the Damage From Continuing to Occur or Spread?
SERVPRO technicians take speedy action to reduce the corrosive residue load on surfaces. We open up the space for ventilation and use air movers stocked on our service vehicles to exchange air. To prevent soot contamination into unaffected areas of your home, we set up containment barriers using plastic sheeting and air scrubbers positioned inside that force airborne contaminants into HEPA filtration.
Why Is a Fast Response With the Right Team Important for Fire Damage Cleanup?
Removing the soot from surfaces promptly is essential to stopping the corrosive action of smoke particulates. Our SERVPRO team schedules enough technicians to rapidly clean walls, ceilings, and other surfaces, and our focus is to restore. If soot is not removed before the underlying materials weaken or stain permanently, portions of your house might need demolition and rebuilding, a disruptive, costly, and avoidable result.
Obtain the help of the expert fire recovery crews at SERVPRO of Northeast Spokane when fire or smoke damages your home. We are available 24/7/365 with one call to our team at 509-474-9144.
More about Spokane.