What Safety Concerns Do I Need to Think About After Water Damage?
SERVPRO Takes Your Safety Seriously While Restoring Your Spokane Home
As with any calamity, a water leak may cause dangerous situations in your Spokane property. An unknowing person could walk into a slip and fall situation or an increased chance of an electrical hazard. Our technicians understand that your safety is of utmost concern, and take the proper precaution for you, your family, including pets, and restoration workers.
How Do I Help Make Sure My Home Is Safe?
SERVPRO Makes Every Attempt to Eliminate Safety Hazards during water extraction from your Spokane home.
The first IICRC (Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification) principle in the water restoration guide is to keep occupants and workers safe. Our Spokane team uses different engineering tactics to make sure that your home is secure. As the property owner, you can sop up as much water as possible from the impacted area with old towels, rags, and mops. You can also turn off the power main while you wait for your team to arrive. Using common sense and avoiding the area should help ease your mind.
What Specific Safety Measures Does Your Team Take in Water Damage Situations?
- Locate the leak and shut off the water to make sure there is no further damage.
- Technicians create drying zones using 6-mil polyethylene to section off impacted areas, minimizing risk.
- Provide appropriate lighting and electricity so occupants and workers can see around them.
- Work on drying your home through the use of extraction, air moving, and dehumidification equipment.
- Returning your home to its preloss condition ensures safer living conditions as you can return to your regular routine.
Please always use safety precautions when attempting to turn off a water main or electricity in your home. If not sure, wait for our skilled technicians to assist you.
For 24/7 assistance for water leaks, contact SERVPRO of Northeast Spokane at (509) 474-9144. We're Faster To Any Size Disaster.