Our Professionals Provide Reliable Electrical Fire Damage Cleanup In Spokane
Reliable Electrical Fire Damage Cleanup in Spokane
Every year, lighting sources catch fire and cause damage to thousands of homes. Electrical fires cause more than $1 billion in property losses in the US alone. Not only can this be stressful for homeowners, but the damages that can be difficult to bounce back from, even with quality insurance.
If your home requires professional fire damage cleanup in Spokane, SERVPRO is only a phone call away from providing you with the assistance that you need. These technicians receive continuous education on mitigation techniques and tools so that you can benefit from their knowledge and field experience. Franchise owners are also required to receive comprehensive education about these disasters so that they can help you in getting the service you need.
Common Home Electrical Fire Risks
Almost half of home electrical fires are caused by failures or malfunctions that are surprisingly common. These can include:
• Outdated appliances or faulty outlets
• Using damaged extension cords, or using these cords as a permanent outlet for appliances
• Light bulbs that exceed the wattage for the fixture they occupy
• Defective or outdated wiring
• Clogged or unsafely-positioned space heaters
20% of residential structure fires are caused by lighting like lamps, light bulbs, and flush mount lights, while 6% include damages from ceiling fans.
SERVPRO Saves the Day
Depending on the wall material and types of soiling present, SERVPRO has a variety of tools available to clean your structure out after an electrical fire. Dry cleaning sponges are often the tool of choice for cleaning ceilings with light-to-medium amounts of damage. Wet cleaning with EPA-registered antimicrobials is the method of choice for heavier damage to walls, particularly those that are metal, wood, or painted. Non-porous ceiling surfaces may benefit more from peroxide active cleaning, but this technique is often saved for surfaces that would be damaged by thorough wet cleaning. Technicians work from ceiling to floor to clear out your structure and render it safe once more.
SERVPRO of Northeast Spokane is committed to leaving your home looking, “Like it never even happened.” Call (509) 474-9144 to have a team get to work restoring your residence within hours.
For more about Spokane click here.