I am Dealing With Fire Damage in My Spokane Home. Where Should I Seek Help?
Fires in your home can lead to water damage and without restoration your home can be left in shambles. Contact SERVPRO for fire damage services.
Hire SERVPRO Experts in Spokane to Handle the Fire Damage in Your Property.
A fire loss incident can have a significant impact on your life. Apart from coping with the loss of some of your prized possessions, you also have to deal with the subsequent water damage that occurs as the firefighters extinguish the flames. Thankfully, if you hire a restoration company like SERVPRO, you can restore your Spokane home within a short time.
What are the precautions to take after a fire?
Fire damage in your Spokane home can severely impact the structure. The smoke and soot residues can discolor porous surfaces such as carpets and drywall. However, after the unfortunate incident, you can set things in motion and get back in order. With that, you can help prevent further damage. After the incident, it is crucial to take some precautions, including:
- Contacting your insurance company.
- Securing the affected area
- Securing your documents
- Avoid touching the affected surfaces.
Can I clean the affected area?
It is common for homeowners to try cleaning up the affected area to avoid the restoration cost. However, due to the lack of proper skills and access to the right equipment and tools, they end up incurring costly damages.
SERVPRO technicians can clean surfaces that moisture can damage, such as upholstery and furniture, using unique techniques. We can use deep sponge and shampoo super concentrate to remove the smoke residues.
Do you handle the water damage as part of the fire restoration process?
Firefighters often use lots of water to combat the flames, which could lead to water damage. We can extract the water and dry your property effectively. Our technicians can use a self-propelled extraction tool to remove water from your carpet and pad. The equipment squeezes out the excess water from the porous surface, leaving only moisture. We can eliminate the moisture using air moving and dehumidifying equipment.
How do you deal with odors?
Removing odors is an essential aspect of most restoration projects. It is challenging to eliminate the odors because each project is unique. Fire and soot restoration jobs are tricky because fire ruins more than just the charred and burned areas you can see. Smoke and soot and ruin documents, furnishings, electronics, ventilation systems, and equipment if you do not take action quickly. We can use different products to combat smoke smells. Some of them include:
- Masking agents
- Thermal foggers
- Hydroxyl generators
After the restoration process, our technicians can perform a thorough inspection to ensure it is safe.
A small fire may cause insignificant primary damage, but secondary destruction can lead to costly repairs. To avoid this, call SERVPRO of Northeast Spokane at (509) 474-9144 to help you restore your property after a fire. "Like it never even happened."
Click here for more information about Spokane.
What Safety Concerns Do I Need to Think About After Water Damage?
We love to let our customers in Spokane relax while we cleanup and restore their water damaged properties
SERVPRO Takes Your Safety Seriously While Restoring Your Spokane Home
As with any calamity, a water leak may cause dangerous situations in your Spokane property. An unknowing person could walk into a slip and fall situation or an increased chance of an electrical hazard. Our technicians understand that your safety is of utmost concern, and take the proper precaution for you, your family, including pets, and restoration workers.
How Do I Help Make Sure My Home Is Safe?
SERVPRO Makes Every Attempt to Eliminate Safety Hazards during water extraction from your Spokane home.
The first IICRC (Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification) principle in the water restoration guide is to keep occupants and workers safe. Our Spokane team uses different engineering tactics to make sure that your home is secure. As the property owner, you can sop up as much water as possible from the impacted area with old towels, rags, and mops. You can also turn off the power main while you wait for your team to arrive. Using common sense and avoiding the area should help ease your mind.
What Specific Safety Measures Does Your Team Take in Water Damage Situations?
- Locate the leak and shut off the water to make sure there is no further damage.
- Technicians create drying zones using 6-mil polyethylene to section off impacted areas, minimizing risk.
- Provide appropriate lighting and electricity so occupants and workers can see around them.
- Work on drying your home through the use of extraction, air moving, and dehumidification equipment.
- Returning your home to its preloss condition ensures safer living conditions as you can return to your regular routine.
Please always use safety precautions when attempting to turn off a water main or electricity in your home. If not sure, wait for our skilled technicians to assist you.
For 24/7 assistance for water leaks, contact SERVPRO of Northeast Spokane at (509) 474-9144. We're Faster To Any Size Disaster.
How Long Will Water Removal Take For My Spokane Property?
No matter how or why, SERVPRO is here to assist your water damaged home.
SERVPRO Works Fast to Facilitate Water Removal to Ensure Your Spokane Property is Restored
Any water from large-scale flooding or small leaks within the home can bring on significant damage to your Spokane property. Mold can begin to grow within 48 hours, so it is better to work quickly to keep it from turning into a potential health hazard. Whenever you have any degree of water infiltration inside your home, it is best to take action as soon as possible. SERVPRO is available 24 hours a day to bring your interior back to preloss condition.
Why Call for Skilled Restoration Services?
For prompt, reliable water removal in Spokane, hiring skilled technicians is the smart route to take. We have the latest equipment and state-of-the-art technology to first identify the issue before working to remove moisture and finally drying everything thoroughly.
We Handle All Types of Water Damage
There are many different causes of water damage within the home that calls for prompt, reliable removal, including:
- Leaky, frozen, broken, or burst water pipes
- Hot water tank failure
- Basement flooding
- Sinks, toilets, or bathtubs overflowing
- Water filling your crawlspace
- Failed sump pumps
- Washing machine or dishwasher malfunction or overflow
- Drains that become logged or malfunction
- Leaking windows or roofs
- Heavy rainstorms, and more
How Much Loss Am I Looking At?
It is natural to worry about the level of loss when it comes to water damage. Our crew chief assesses the loss zone to put a plan into action quickly. This allows our crew to get to work to begin extraction to limit the amount of loss. When you call SERVPRO, you can count on:
- Friendly, courteous team members ready to answer your questions and concerns
- Our Green Fleet arrives in as little as four hours or less after your initial phone call
- Vehicles loaded with extractors, pumps, fans, air movers, and dehumidifiers to tackle moisture throughout the loss zone and the rest of your interior
- Professional-grade products registered by the EPA for cleaning, deodorizing and sanitizing
What About Insurance?
In many instances, your water removal and restoration project will be covered by your insurance agency. We take the time to carefully log each detail of your project to ensure that your claim goes as smoothly as possible.
We Leave No Area Untreated
Water loss in the home impacts your life's most significant investment while also potentially disrupting your daily activities. Our team is:
- Quick to respond
- Mindful while assessing the damage
- Ready to begin the cleanup
- Trained to handle controlled demolition
- Experienced in every facet of restoration to return your home to preloss condition
We have IICRC-certified water restoration technicians (WRT) to ensure your project is not only done correctly but also while following tight timelines. This understanding of the water extraction process is elemental when handling any water loss project that comes our way. We never take shortcuts and stand by our proven methods to ensure that your home is free from hidden moisture.
Whenever any water damage occurs within the home, it is essential to:
- Use water extraction and removal in unison with drying and dehumidification for best results
- Look for any hidden moisture under cabinets, behind walls, and within the insulation
- Implement disinfection measures according to industry standards to not only inhibit the onset of mold and mildew but also to keep foul odors from developing.
Why Will Building Materials Be Removed?
There are certain situations during a water removal project where controlled demolition must be done to remove unsalvageable materials. Decisions like these must be made to remove drenched carpets and the padding below, saturated sheetrock, or warped flooring and baseboards. This gets done so that all-new materials can be installed to make your interior "Like it never even happened."
We are always available to help make important decisions when it comes to saving material versus replacement. Along the way, we take care of all documentation to detail each step for water removal, cleanup, controlled demolition, manipulation of contents, and deodorizing.
After all standing water gets removed, moisture is addressed, and final steps for drying and dehumidification are complete, a final inspection is done. This includes a visual inspection of all work along with testing techniques to ensure relative humidity is back to normal within your home. To help ensure drying is complete and there are no hidden moisture pockets, we use:
- Thermal imaging technology
- Moisture sensors
- Moisture meters
SERVPRO of Northeast Spokane understands that this is a trying time for your family when dealing with water removal. We are here to walk you through every step to help you understand how the project-flow works, and you can count on us to be available 24/7 for emergency service. To have a crew deployed to your property as soon as possible, give us a call at (509) 474-9144.
Do I Need to Replace My Hardwood Floors After a Flood in Spokane?
Flood damage to a home can ruin some of your favorite rooms. Call SERVPRO to mitigate the damage to your home.
Our SERVPRO Team Works to Restore Flooring in Your Spokane Home
Severe flooding often leads to a feeling of complete loss, however restoring your home may be possible with proper techniques, timing, and professional assistance. In particular, hardwood flooring can become warped due to water damage making it imperative to remove remaining floodwater and dry them as quickly as possible to mitigate further damage. The goal for drying hardwood floors is to make sure they do not buckle or warp permanently from extended exposure to moisture or over-drying. The drying process should be closely monitored to prevent this kind of damage.
How Does Hardwood Compare to Other Flooring After a Flood?
Hardwood is Durable and Receptive to Restoration
With flooring as costly as it is in Spokane, restoring rather than replacing hardwood is ideal after flood damage. Hardwood floors hold up better than softwood because they are composed of dense fibers. Tiles can be more resistant to water damage than wood, but can also sustain loss if there are cracks in the tile or compromised areas in the grout.
What is the Process for Restoring Hardwood Floors?
- Moisture meters with probes measure the water content through all the flooring layers and subflooring; hardwood should have a moisture content below 12%.
- Remove floor finish if it acts as a drying barrier, or use a pin roller to make small perforations so excess moisture can evaporate.
- Use drying pads and hoses to force warm air over the flooring to dry it. This can be done from above or below the floors.
- After the moisture is consistently below 12%, restoration specialists refinish the flooring.
After a flood, contact SERVPRO of Northeast Spokane at (509) 474-9144. Our emergency response team is available 24/7. We're Faster to Any Size Disaster.
Click here for more information about Spokane.
How Do Thermal Foggers Work to Remove Smoke Odors?
After your home suffers fire damage, you need a team of professionals to assist you. Call SERVPRO right away! We are always available.
Smoke and burning odors can spread quickly through your Spokane home after a structure fire, but we have efficient removal tools to help.
As with many of the fire loss effects that your Spokane home can experience after a disaster, odors can spread quickly from the ignition point throughout adjacent property areas. Even with a prompt extinguishment of the blaze, conditions like scents and soot can continue to spread throughout the house until professional restoration practices can address these concerns.
While much of the fire damage in Spokane homes must get resolved as quickly as possible, odors are often not as pressing of a concern in the earliest stages of recovery. Cleaning and restoration actions can agitate existing trapped odors and harsh conditions in the house, making deodorization more effective and permanent when completed near the end of the premier cleaning phase. Thermal fogging is often one of the first choices in deodorization, as it is a versatile and lightweight unit that can easily move from one damaged area of your house to another. By superheating odor removal solutions to a mist/vapor, the result can penetrate porous materials like fabrics and drywall to neutralize trapped odors.
Are There Other Odor Removal Tools that SERVPRO Technicians Use?
While thermal foggers might be a popular choice by our SERVPRO technicians, it is by no means one of the only options. There are varying degrees of odor neutralization based on where the damage is, how severe the situation has become, and if the occupants of the house are still present. Some of the other odor removal tools that we can utilize include:
- Hydroxyl Machines
- Ozone Generators
- HEPA-Filtration Air Scrubbers
Removing or neutralizing odors that fires can leave behind might seem like a considerable task, but our SERVPRO of Northeast Spokane team can manage these conditions quickly. We have several deodorizing tools to remove smoke and burning scents permanently. Give us a call anytime you need us at (509) 474-9144.
Find more information about Spokane.
What Can a Professional Water Restoration Service in Spokane Do for My Business?
Water damage in your commercial location can quickly escalate. Contact SERVPRO for efficient water removal efforts.
SERVPRO is Available 24/7 in Spokane When You Want One of the Best Water Restoration Companies on Your Side
Regardless of the cause, water infiltration anywhere in your commercial space can become a tricky situation to deal with. Immediate response is imperative not only to get your Spokane business back in order but also to cut back on the severity of the damage. Should your place of business suffer from water damage, calling SERVPRO for water restoration opens up the door to prompt, reliable service. Even if you have a cleanup crew on staff, nothing matches the professional-grade equipment and advanced techniques that our technicians bring to each job.
Why Should I Call a Water Restoration Company for Help?
Water removal is critical in any water loss incident, limiting the severity and costs associated with the loss. Calling on expert water restoration companies in Spokane, such as our team at SERVPRO, ensures that you get rapid assessment so that mitigation and restoration may begin. Our skilled technicians utilize equipment that allows us to remove copious amounts of water, followed by quick drying so that your business is back to normal faster than any DIY methods.
How Can You Be Sure All Water is Removed?
With any water damage incident in Spokane, water migration is a viable concern. Water moves into dry spaces following the path of least resistance. Our skilled water restoration technicians (WRT) follow this path to eliminate all pockets of hidden moisture. Failing to remove all moisture pockets creates secondary damage to building materials and poses a threat from potential mold and microbial growth. Taking each case into careful consideration, our team may have to put holes in walls or ceilings of your commercial space to facilitate trying. These holes or strategically placed flood cuts allow for better airflow, which speeds up the drying process.
What Equipment Do You Bring?
Our Green Fleet is fully equipped with all of the technology and equipment necessary to execute all phases of the restoration project. We arrive at your business in as little as four hours with equipment such as:
- Portable and truck-mounted extraction tools help remove water from the floors, carpeting, and any upholstery throughout the office.
- Industrial-strength air moving equipment that speeds up the evaporation process to ramp up drying throughout your place of business.
- Powerful dehumidifiers that take vapors from the air to restore proper levels of relative humidity.
What About Bringing Our Own Dehumidifiers In?
We have professional-grade dehumidifiers that our SERVPRO team uses to get the job done in less time than non-commercial units. We have a unique formula to follow that tells our team exactly how many dehumidifiers, fans, and air movers are necessary to achieve ultimate efficiency. Depending on progress, we will move and adjust the equipment accordingly so that we can achieve the best results. The types of dehumidifiers often used on water loss events include:
- Desiccant dehumidifiers – these are great for using on structural materials that are still pretty damp, but other porous materials throughout your business are fairly dry.
- Refrigerant dehumidifiers – these are sometimes used within the initial phases of water cleanup when humidity levels are at the highest point.
We Never Leave Moisture Behind
At SERVPRO, our IICRC-certified team understands that even the smallest amount of moisture left within your commercial space poses a problem. This is why we bring along special equipment that allows us to determine moisture levels and any hidden pockets of moisture that must be addressed. We use:
- Inspection cameras like thermal imaging cameras and borescopes help us to find hidden moisture in walls and other tight spaces. These are excellent for finding moisture without the need for demolition or the removal of wallboards and ceiling tiles.
- Moisture detectors like moisture meters and moisture sensors help us to find moisture in small areas that would otherwise be difficult to detect with the naked eye.
When is the Project Complete?
Our water restoration companies across the country never leave any stone unturned. We take the time to ensure your commercial space is dry and follow through with ample cleaning and disinfecting to inhibit microbial growth. We always use high-quality, effective broad-spectrum disinfectants that have been registered by the EPA. It is vital to make sure that all potential foul odors get addressed so that there is never any lingering reminder of the water loss incident.
Is Your Work Guaranteed?
You can count on us when we say that we stand by all of our restoration work. When you call us at SERVPRO of Northeast Spokane, you can rest assured that you are dealing with one of the best water restoration companies today. Get in touch with us by calling (509) 474-9144, and we can answer any questions or concerns that you may have.
How Can I Speed Up the Drying Process During Water Restoration in My House?
Inspect your pipes often for signs of wear and tear and water leaks.
SERVPRO Can Set Up Drying Equipment Inside Your Spokane Home to Speed up the Natural Drying and Evaporation Process
A pipe burst occurring on the second floor of your Spokane house can cause moisture to follow gravity and flood out your building's lower level. As a first step, our SERVPRO technicians can utilize extraction procedures to remove all liquids before setting up drying equipment to expel the moisture's remainder in your air and building materials.
What can you do to dry out my wet building materials and possessions?
During water restoration efforts in Spokane, we can set up a combination of air movers and dehumidifiers. The air movers aid in speeding up the natural evaporation process by pushing dry air away from wet surfaces so that more moisture can evaporate into the air. The dehumidifiers then accelerate nature's drying process by removing moisture from the air. These devices output the water vapor into liquid and exhaust out warm, dry air that gets used in the air circulation created by the air movers.
How does the drying equipment work?
- Condensation- This process occurs when water vapor turns into a liquid. Some dehumidifiers have a cold coil so that moisture from the wet air condenses when it contacts the metal that is below the dew point temperature.
- Dew Point- The dew point is the temperature when H2O in the gas turns into a liquid. When drying out a structure, it is essential to keep the temperature inside your house higher than the dew point, or moisture can condense on surfaces inside your home.
- Evaporation- Evaporation is the process of moisture moving from wet materials into the air. Since everything in nature wants to seek equilibrium, water vapor in wet materials will move into the air on its surfaces if the air is drier than the item.
Pipes breaking on the second floor of your house in Chattaroy or Mead can cause excessive moisture to flow into your first floor from the ceiling. If you ever notice several wet materials inside your home, call SERVPRO of Northeast Spokane at (509) 474-9144.
More about Spokane.
What Persistent Problems Can I Face After My Spokane Home Floods?
Flooding can quickly cause a cascade of problems in your home. Contact SERVPRO immediately to remediate the damage.
Deep Scoping by SERVPRO Can Help Identify and Eliminate Problems That Persist After Flood Damage Incidents in Spokane
Ideally, after cleaning the areas soiled during flooding and removing all traces of water, normalcy should return to your house. However, there are flooding cases that result in ongoing problems even after you deal with the initial damage.
What problems are common after resolving flood damage incidents in Spokane?
- Mold development
- Uneven surfaces
- Persistent odor
From the experiences our SERVPRO teams have restoring properties, poor moisture management is the leading factor that causes recurring problems in a Spokane property after flooding. Moisture migrates around a property in many ways once water finds a way inside. For instance, water can reach subfloors in tiled areas by filtering in through the grout lines. Wicking through materials and condensation can also transfer it to unexpected areas within the property. Leaving such moisture in place can trigger unending cycles of mold growth around the property.
Are there physical changes that happen after the initial damage from flooding is resolved?
If there are moisture remnants in cavities such as subfloors or wall spaces, the deterioration progresses unnoticed. You might only realize that something is not right when you notice uneven surfaces. Common signs of serious underlying issues include:
- Tiles coming loose from the surfaces
- Warping and buckling of floorboards
- Cupping or crowning of floorboards
Resolving the underlying moisture problem before fixing the visible damage is crucial. Our SERVPRO technicians use thermal cameras and other moisture detection tools to identify the hidden pockets of wetness. Then we can open up the areas to dry moisture and remove damaged materials. Alternatively, we use sophisticated cavity drying systems such as drying mats and injecti-dry systems. Our advanced equipment allows for open and closed systems to further enhance and expedite the drying process.
SERVPRO of Northeast Spokane has the skill sets necessary to resolve flood damage in your Colbert, or Chattaroy home permanently. Call us any time at (509) 474-9144. We're Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Click here to learn more about Spokane.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open in Spokane, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Northeast Spokane today at (509) 474-9144 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
Is There a Local Service for Pandemic Cleaning in Spokane?
Multiple products used by SERVPRO carry the EPA-registered emerging pathogens claims.
Do Professional Companies Provide Added Value in Spokane?
Yes, SERVPRO of Northeast Spokane, owned by Jason and Dena Maas, is the local specialty cleaning service you can trust.
Our professionals have access to the best equipment and supplies. When a truly professional company delivers great customer service, they have the potential of providing real value in the fight against this virus. Professionals can deliver a higher level of results over DIY cleaning.
We believe that our SERVPRO is the right size company to really care and to individually serve our clients. Have no concerns; we are also large enough to complete a job of any size.
SERVPRO of Northeast Spokane has IICRC-trained techs that provide proactive preventative pandemic cleaning services in Spokane for residential and commercial properties. Our professional advantage:
• Experienced in environmental and biohazard cleaning
• Trained in following EPA, CDC, and OSHA protocols
• Access to EPA-registered, hospital-grade disinfectants and cleaning products
• The use of powerful commercial equipment
• Employee resources to do a job of any scale
• Available 24/7 to serve you at the most convenient time
• One-time and maintenance plans available
• Reasonable pricing
• Let’s talk, we offer meaningful advice and consultation.
For all of your cleaning needs, to hire a local professional who sincerely cares, please call SERVPRO of Northeast Spokane at (509) 474-9144.
For more about Spokane click here.
Advice from the medical and scientific community regarding how to deal with the coronavirus is based on present knowledge, which is subject to change as the situation continues to develop. There can be no assurance that disinfectants alone will be adequate to fully eliminate the virus. We are not physicians or infectious disease professionals. Consult your medical professionals for individual medical advice.