Ditch the Candles and Use One of These Five Alternatives Instead
People in Spokane, WA may have used candles as their main source up until as recently as this past century, but that does not mean that they should continue to use them today. Candles smell good and look nice, but they are dangerous. If you’re someone who enjoys the ambiance created by candles, or if you just want a light source for when the power goes out, consider using one of these five candle alternatives:
• Flameless candles
• Electric lanterns
• Solar lamps
• Glow sticks
Electric candles still give off the same ambiance as the real deal, except they are far safer. If you still want the nice smells afforded by candles, look into oil diffusers or even glade air fresheners. There are dozens of ways that create a calming atmosphere without creating the risk of a candle fire.
If you don’t have a couple of flashlights that are fully stocked with batteries on hand, run out to your local hardware store and get one. Flashlights are convenient, affordable and great candle alternatives for when the power goes out.
Battery powered lanterns are strong enough to light up a campsite, so they can be especially useful in a power outage. If you want to light up an entire room in a safe way, invest in a couple of flameless lanterns.
Solar lamps can work for up to 12 hours on just a single charge, so even if the power is out for days, you can still have light at night. Just recharge the lamp each morning and bring it in at night. More complex models offer a port via which you can charge your cell phone and other devices as well.
Glow sticks are a fun alternative to candles that the whole family can enjoy. They also last for up to 12 hours and are affordable. Turn some into a necklace so that you can keep track of all family members at night.
Candles are dangerous and should not be used unless absolutely necessary. Stock up on one or more of the above candle alternatives before the next big power outage, or talk to your Spokane, WA fire restoration team about other options. Visit http://www.SERVPROnortheastspokane.com for more information on fire damage.